Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haiti Update 3/6/10

From Joe Knittig live in Haiti:

Today’s been a humbler.

For some reason, the govt is making it tough to get supplies across the border from the DR. We had a much needed shipment destined for Cayes turned back. Why? A paperwork issue.

We’re bringing in food, tents, and meds by the truckload, and the Haitian govt didn’t like some paperwork. Like we had a truckload of guns and ammo.

Speaking of Cayes, I’m here. This freak flood has wreaked havoc on the ESMI system, and they are busting their humps. Dony and I spent time starting to plan next steps. We’ll hit it again in the morning.

Right now, I’m about to crash for the night… In a seat in a tap tap… Next to the driver… Who has serious toe jam issues…

There’s no room in the inn tonight.

Humbling day.

On the great side, I spent an hour at Cambry snuggling Erinese and Clar (Clarence), Erinese’s little bro. Man that was something. I have a special bond with those 2, and that made my day.

God’s in control. Same as yesterday. Same as tomorrow.

Goodnight.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment