Monday, February 22, 2010

Haiti Update: 2/22/10

From Trace Thurlby live from Haiti:

Alan Dietrich and Moise are now running the Orphan Transition Village. Two Godly, gifted men, uniquely equipped for the business and ministry of caring for God’s kids. What a privilege to serve the King with them and call them “Brother.”

As I head home, I remember a conversation I had with Juli. Her 47 kids regularly lead worship at the village. All the while, their new permanent home is closer to being finished.

After hearing her kids worship for more than an hour one evening, I said, “Juli, your new house will become your home the night you all move in and sing your praises to God.”

She smiled. “Home is where people love you,” she said. “We’re excited about our new house, but because of your love, we’ve been home ever since we came here.”

This morning Moise was talking about the fact that we don’t know what tomorrow brings. With a 4.7 aftershock last night and other daily Haiti adventures, that truth of TODAY is easier to see here.

Moise continued, “Since we don’t know about tomorrow, we need to love all the people God brings into our paths today – family, friends, co-workers, people at church, neighbors, strangers.”

HOME. TODAY. I look forward to living out in Kansas City what God is showing me here in Haiti. Sitting in the airport I pray a prayer I learned from Mike Fox, “Dear Lord, please let me live long enough to come back to Haiti one more time.”

Thank you for making all of this happen! God is using you in a mighty way here to impact all of us – the kids, the adults, the entire GO Project family! And He has more work for us to do. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing all of this!!! I love to read your updates and after finding your blog a few weeks ago my family decided to partner with you. Thank you so much for letting us have a small part in what God is doing through all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete