Sunday, February 28, 2010

Haiti Update: 2/27/10

From Joe Knittig live from Haiti:

I’m not sure what to make of this night. Really, we needed a late rainy season. Looks like an early one.

I have no further Cayes news. I do know several of our villages were impacted with sudden flash floods, and there’s sheer misery in Cayes. This weighs heavy on my heart, and confuses the mind. Should we just go there? And do what? How do we get there? Can we even get there? How is Louis? The kids? You get the point.

And at the same time, the kids greeted me hear with squeezy hugs that will melt your heart. The real extra tight kind. Pierre got into a little fight while I was gone. And he started it. He came right to me, hugged me, and then confessed that he wrongly started a fight. I explained forgiveness. He smiled. Great moment. And then we celebrated that his cast’s off. The kids are great. The team here is amazing. Wow!

Yet it’s flooding in Cayes. As I tap the keys now, it’s pouring here. Pouring. In my mind, I can hear the groan of a suffering people in refugee camps within sight of what were their homes. Are the kids in Cayes OK? Lord Jesus, protect them! I’m not sure what to make of this night. This much I know. Two tracks. God’s in control of both.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord Most High. We’ll talk more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment